Articulate Community Forums

Articulate Community Forums » Articulate General Discussion » General Discussion » Using Articulate with Blackboard

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2008, 08:10 AM   # 1

Question Using Articulate with Blackboard

Hello,
I am new to the list and am a college professor considering purchasing Articulate for my own personal use to improve my online delivery. We use proprietary LMSs like Blackboard, Desire2Learn etc and I was wondering if it is easy to use Engage projects within LMS systems like this.
I downloaded the 30 day trial and created an interaction which only looks like I can save it as a zip file for upload into the course. Anyone have experience with this who can give me some advice?
Thanks for your time!
Old 12-12-2008, 07:40 AM   # 2

Default Re: Using Articulate with Blackboard

Does Blackboard have an option to import a "SCORM package"?
Old 12-12-2008, 10:01 AM   # 3

Smile Re: Using Articulate with Blackboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianosmi View Post
Does Blackboard have an option to import a "SCORM package"?
Hi Brian,
Thanks for responding privately and in the thread...based on the resources you sent me I figured out how to add the module...actually Bb allows you to load it as a .zip file (package file) and point to the index.html and then the module works fine. Also found that D2L accepts it that way and now I am all set with this tool for both applications! Thanks!
Old 12-12-2008, 01:20 PM   # 4

Hi,
I have created a survey with Quizmaker2.0 and published in LMS. Then the entire zip output file was uploaded into Bb. But it does not work... Could anyone walk me through the steps to upload my SCORM package into Bb?

Many thanks!!

young
Old 12-12-2008, 01:50 PM   # 5

Below is a link to a movie on incorporating Camtasia output into Blackboard.
I presume the process is the same for Articulate output.

aaa_2008
Old 12-12-2008, 02:03 PM   # 6

Hi Richard,
Thank you for your reply and your tutorial! It is very helpful! In addition, I am wondering how you added a yellow shadow to the mouse in your presentation? It's really nice.
Thanks again,
young
Old 12-12-2008, 02:17 PM   # 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chward View Post
Hi Brian,
Thanks for responding privately and in the thread...based on the resources you sent me I figured out how to add the module...actually Bb allows you to load it as a .zip file (package file) and point to the index.html and then the module works fine. Also found that D2L accepts it that way and now I am all set with this tool for both applications! Thanks!
Awesome, glad to hear you're up and running with it.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:50 AM   # 8

Chward,

I am in the same situation as you...using Articulate to enhance Blackboard. Currently, I use engage to create a FAQ portion of the course and Presenter to create my weekly multimedia presentations for students. I think you'll find that they not only work well, but that they'll set your courses apart and be a draw for students. If you're ever interested in chatting about integrating Articulate and other technologies into Blackboard, please don't hesitate to contact me. We've been through many headaches and could possibly save you some time!

Peace,

Mike
Old 12-15-2008, 08:50 AM   # 9

Hi Mike,
It's good to know that you have experience and knowledge on both Articulate and Blackboard. I have two issues that I'd like to get advice from you:

1. I have created a survey with Quizmaker2.0 and published in LMS. Then I uploaded it into the server. But, there is an error message - "LMS unable to acquire API..." when I click the "index_lms.html file to track the records. What has I done wrong? Does this mean that I need to install LMS in my server before I load my survey LMS package (zip file)?

2. I try to upload my survey SCORM package into blackboard to test if the tracking method works in Blackboard. But I can not track it with Articulate file. I did find Blackboard supports the tracking tool. If so, why do we need SCORM package?

Any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

young
Old 12-15-2008, 04:12 PM   # 10

Here's a good article to help you troubleshoot.

If you try to view the content outside of the LMS using index_lms.html you will get that error message. You need to import the content into your LMS and register to view the content as if you are a user in the LMS.

See the article I mention about tracking issues. I suspect you may not be able to track a survey in your LMS, though.
Tweet me here.