Articulate Community Forums

Articulate Community Forums » Articulate General Discussion » General Discussion » Publising to CD for one touch access

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2010, 12:28 PM   # 1

Default Publising to CD for one touch access

I am a bit of a novice in Articulate. I have published a file using Publish to CD. That provides the folder with several items including the "exe" icon when I copy it to the actual CD. Is there any way to save it to a CS where only the exe icon shows? In essence, the user only sees one item to click on? If yes, what element do I actual need to save to the CD?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:58 PM   # 2

Default Re: Publising to CD for one touch access

Hello and welcome to the forums! Here's a screencast I did on how to create a CD version.
Screenr - @justinawilcox: Publish for CD in #Articulate Presenter and burn it to CD.

What's nice about the CD version is there is an autorun file which means when a user inserts the CD into their computer the presentation will automatically launch so no need to worry about the content of the CD.

You do need all of the files published for the CD to work.
Tweet me here.

Last edited by Justin : 06-30-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:40 PM   # 3

Hi everyone

I have been asked to provide a sample of my work on a CD for a client. I'm a bit concerned that all of the files are bundled with the exe file and not zipped or protected. Does this mean that any one using the CD could easily take copies of my work? Do you have any suggestions on how I could best protect my work?

Many thanks

Sharyn
Old 11-29-2010, 03:28 PM   # 4

There is software out there that can copy protect a CD but there aren't any I can specifically recommend.
Tweet me here.