Articulate Community Forums

Articulate Community Forums » Articulate Product Forums » Articulate Quizmaker » Moodle and QM - Attempts not registering???

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2011, 09:13 PM   # 1

Default Moodle and QM - Attempts not registering???

Hi

Thanks for you previous links, I've made some progress. Now the problem I'm having is that a user can have more attempts at a test than the specified maximum (which is currently set to two).

I logged in as a user, took the test the the FINISH. and for some reason I can keep attempting the test over and over.

I've watched all the tutorials in MoodleTuts.. but no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm so close....but not quite there!

Also, a navigation bar appears after taking the test. this will confuse the quiz takers. What is it for and how do I remove it?

Thanks!

PS. I included a screenshot.
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2011, 08:27 AM   # 2

Default Re: Moodle and QM - Attempts not registering???

I'm not sure about your first problem, but about the navigation buttons, I think they won't appear if you set "Hide navigation buttons" to "Yes" in the SCORM settings.

I'm in the middle of testing Quizmaker in Moodle 2.0 myself, and I came across the same issue you mentioned before with the resume quiz. The way it functions seems counterintuitive so I ended up turning off the function... I wish there was some way to make the resume quiz function work the way it is supposed to.

Also, I wish there was some way to make Moodle count an aborted attempt as an attempt. As far as I can tell, it's only logged as an attempt if the user finishes the quiz. Any info on this?

Also, on a totally unrelated note, check out these Moodle modules. They are very useful for a course with a lot of SCORM content. (or any content, I suppose)

Collapsed Topics:
Moodle.org: Modules and plugins

Collapsed Weeks:
Moodle.org: Modules and plugins
Old 02-02-2011, 09:19 AM   # 3

Thanks for this LM,

I'm literally pulling my hair out with this. I left a msg with my sales rep to hopefully speak to someone at Articulate about this.

LIke you, I really want/need to have the Resume function work correctly as this is a long quiz and need to be able to interrupt the quiz and resume at a later time.

I also need the grades to work correctly.

Let's hope I get some answers.

Thanks for the tip on the "hide nav" I'll give this a try. Looks like you found my prob. though.

Gilles
Old 02-02-2011, 09:21 AM   # 4

by the way loftmonkey,
do you have a method of clearly reporting detailed quiz results from Moodle? (instead of the non-formatted linear default way?)

Gilles
Old 02-02-2011, 09:49 AM   # 5

Based on your screenshot, I would post this question in the moodle forums. You are asking about moodle functionality that isn't something we support.
Tweet me here.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:04 AM   # 6

Gilles,

If you are referring to itemized reporting of quiz results, unfortunately that's impossible. You can get: pass/fail, percentage, time started/finished, and number of attempts.

I guess this is how Articulate makes money on Articulate Online, their own LMS which interfaces perfectly with Articulate products and gives you itemized reports for all your questions (or so I read - I haven't tried it).
Old 02-02-2011, 10:09 AM   # 7

Hi Justin,

I'm just looking for some instruction on how to publish my quiz correctly on Moodle. I have read many posts with other users experiencing challenges getting QM to behave properly in Moodle in terms of "resume", grading, complete/incomplete reporting, etc.

SInce Moodle is so popular, surely Articulate must have a doc somewhere describing how to configure both to work harmoniously together and "as expected".

Any thoughts?
Gilles
Old 02-02-2011, 10:10 AM   # 8

Thansk LM, that's what I thought.

Articulate Online was not an option due to cost for my client. They only have one quiz.

Gilles
Old 02-02-2011, 10:24 AM   # 9

As for your too many attempts allowed problem, have you tried setting "Force Completed" and/or "Force new attempt" to Yes?

I just tested it with both set to Yes, and it worked, although I'm not sure which one did the trick. When they were set to No, I have to check a "New attempt" box before clicking Enter in order for my attempt to be counted as a new attempt.

If no grades are being sent to your gradebook, the only time I had this problem was when I tried using SCORM 2004, which Moodle doesn't support yet.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:31 AM   # 10

Thanks LM, I hadn't tried these 2 settings as I came across posts which stated to leave them to NO. I'll give it a try though.

when you tried this, did it still allow my user to "RESUME" a quiz? I hadn't tried it because I assumed it would prevent my users from Resuming (forced complete).

Thanks for helping me out.
G