Articulate Community Forums

Articulate Community Forums » Articulate Product Forums » Articulate Quizmaker » Urban Legends Quiz - Source Files

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-19-2010, 09:02 AM   # 1

Default Urban Legends Quiz - Source Files

I wanted to start a thread to share the source files and screencasts for the Urban Legends demo we put together this week.

Preview Demo

The idea came from a project created by Amnesty and is a good exercise in learning how to leverage rapid authoring tools to create custom projects.

The demo is a fun example for using Quizmaker not only as a quizzing tool but also to set a scene with background audio and animated text and images.

We also bypassed the default feedback functionality in Quizmaker and used Blank Slides to customize the layout of our feedback.

Source Files: Download (3mbs)

Screencasts:
For Discussion:
A few more ideas came to me the more I played with this example. What do you think? What would you do differently?

How would you:
  • Improve the project (engaging, interactive, visual)
  • Streamline the development (shortcuts, combine steps)
  • Approach the project
  • Use or apply a similar project to your own projects
  • Anything else you can think of?

Last edited by DavidAnderson : 02-23-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:42 AM   # 2

Default Re: Urban Legends Quiz - Source Files

Look great! One issue though, the True False checkboxes do not have labels (Chrome or IE8) so you can't tell which response is which. Can't wait to dig into the source files. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:44 AM   # 3

Thank you so much for sharing! Unfortunately my company's firewall blocks the 'dropbox' site so I am unable to download your samples. Is there any other way that I would be able to get them (at work)? I'm sure there might be some other folks in the same boat. Thank you!
Old 02-22-2010, 10:52 AM   # 4

@Dbrek! Great catch. I'll update and repost!

@PinkLady - I'll get those files moved over to our official FTP site so you'll have access. Dropbox was temp solution to get them posted. I'll post back after they're moved.

Thanks!
David
Old 02-22-2010, 12:05 PM   # 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Anderson View Post
@Dbrek! Great catch. I'll update and repost!

@PinkLady - I'll get those files moved over to our official FTP site so you'll have access. Dropbox was temp solution to get them posted. I'll post back after they're moved.

Thanks!
David
Ok, and feel free to delete my post after you get them fixed!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:12 AM   # 6

The files have been updated.

We're also going to post another version later today. Some great feedback came in and we'll share those updates here.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:36 PM   # 7

Great project! Thank you for all the effort it took to post the Screenr casts and pull the elements together. I have long felt that QuizMaker is not well understood as to its power and flexibility. It is a powerful development tool when combined with Powerpoint and offers a lot of work arounds for some of the limitations in Presenter. You have given me some cool approaches to add to my tool box. I particularly like the way you reworked the multiple select question to enable us to present it as if it were multiple questions. Between this and what Jeannette offered up in her posting, I have some more techniques to use. I also like the way you clearly demonstrate some workflow management techniques in your screen casts. Thanks again.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:14 PM   # 8

Thanks for the feedback, Ben. You're so right about Quizmaker - it's one of the more underused apps out there.

I appreciate your comments re: the extra commentary in the screencasts. I always struggle with how much extraneous info to include vs just giving the facts or steps. Thanks for the feedback.

David
Old 03-09-2010, 12:34 PM   # 9

I'm sorry. I cannot comment on this demo because I am laughing too hard. Really, thanks so much for this informative and highly entertaining experience.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:46 AM   # 10

Smile Re: Urban Legends Quiz - Source Files

Wonderful demo. I have only been using Articulate since Jan. This demo really opened up a creative way to tell a story. Thank you!