Articulate Community Forums

Articulate Community Forums » Articulate Product Forums » Articulate Engage SDK » packaging custom interactions

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2009, 01:02 PM   # 1

Default packaging custom interactions

It could be that I'm being dense, but I can't seem to determine how to package a custom interaction into an artpkg file. In the help file, under "Packaging for Distribution," I read:

Once the Community Interactions tab in the Engage Authoring tool has been enabled through a future dot release, you will be able to package up your custom interactions and distribute them through the Articulate web community. Interactions that are packaged and uploaded to our website will be available for other community members to download and install. Once youe install a community interaction, you will be able to create your own content for the custom interaction similar to how you already create content for our existing interactions.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2009, 04:03 AM   # 2

Default Re: packaging custom interactions

Hi Brian,
The newest version of the Articulate Engage SDK contains updated steps for packaging and distributing your custom interaction. Below I've included the text from the updated documentation. I'd also suggest updating to the current SDK as it contains a bunch of bug fixes and updated documentation.

Packaging for Distribution

Once you have finished creating your custom interation, you must package it for distribution. To package a custom interaction, you will need the following:
  1. A template engage project file. This template project will be used as a starting point when creating a new interaction within Engage.
  2. The interaction swf file. This is the main interaction swf that you built using the Engage SDK.
  3. A 32x32 pixel icon representing your new interaction type.
  4. A 24x24 pixel icon representing your new interaction type.
  5. A 335x250 pixel image of your new interaction.
  6. The package.xml file (See XML Package description)
After you have created all of these files, you will need to zip them into a single file and rename the zip file with the extension ".artpkg".
Old 02-09-2009, 10:02 AM   # 3

Ah! I think I downloaded my version of the SDK in November. Didn't realize there was an update.

Many thanks!
Old 06-04-2009, 05:12 PM   # 4

I just wanted to point out that I downloaded the SDK yesterday and my packing for distribution page has the same "Once the Community Interactions tab in the Engage Authoring tool has been enabled through a future dot release, you will be able to package up your custom interactions and distribute th..." text.

How can I be sure I have the most recent version of the SDK?
Old 06-05-2009, 09:45 AM   # 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
I just wanted to point out that I downloaded the SDK yesterday and my packing for distribution page has the same "Once the Community Interactions tab in the Engage Authoring tool has been enabled through a future dot release, you will be able to package up your custom interactions and distribute th..." text.

How can I be sure I have the most recent version of the SDK?
You can make sure you have the latest version of Engage by gong to Help -> Check for Updates in the application.
Tweet me here.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:52 AM   # 6

Yeah, I've got the most recent version of Engage, I was wondering how to be sure I have the latest SDK, I downloaded it this week, but don't have the correct "Packaging for Distribution" help documentation.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:28 PM   # 7

This should help:
http://www.articulate.com/forums/48338-post3.html
Tweet me here.