View Single Post

Old 11-17-2010, 11:52 AM   # 1
Joe_Deegan

Send a message via Skype™ to Joe_Deegan
Default Bed Bug Design Ideas

I'm working on an eLearning class for mattress salespeople covering bed bugs and I'm having a little creative block so I wanted to tap into the community to see if you could help me with some ideas. Here's the rundown of what I have so far. Would love to hear your ideas.

Objectives:
The end goal is for the salespeople to be able to answer questions from customers who are concerned about the possibility of bed bugs or think their house may be infested with bed bugs. With the increasing media coverage they are beginning to get a lot of questions.

What I have so far:
Inspired by David and Tom's Christian Aid example I have decided to open up the navigation so there is an information track and an assessment track. The information track is easy but I need some ideas for the assessment and overall graphic design.

Assessment:
Because I create a lot of eLearning for salespeople I find myself creating a lot of simulations where they are the salesperson and they need to handle various scenarios or answer customer questions. I could easily go that route again and have them answer bed bug questions and deal with bed bug issues but I would like to come up with something different. Maybe a game or some way to spice up a simulation. Whatever it is they will need to prove their ability to answer questions about bed bugs and to identify signs of a bed bug infestation.

Graphic Design:
Honestly, I haven't put much thought into the graphics yet but I need a background design and several different icons.
  • Menu Slides - There will be a menu slide to choose from the information or assessment tracks and another menu slide for the information track. These slides will need icons for navigation.
  • Icons - The main menu slide will need icons for the info track and the assessment track. The info track menu slide will need icons for branches covering "About Bed Bugs," "Inspection Procedures," and "Bed Bug Prevention."
  • Background - I'm thinking something dark and icky but not too over the top because we don't want to scare people. So far David Anderson had this idea for the opening slide "Opening slide: black slide, bug sounds, persons face on pillow, slide lightens to reveal army of bugs, close up, on pillow"

Well, that's where I am at this point. I've already started working on some engage interactions for the info track but still need to some ideas for the assessment and graphic design. Any ideas you have are highly appreciated.